Cleaning Method for the Prevention of Coronavirus COVID-19
Micro fibre Cloths
- Only use the correct colour micro fibre cloth for the area being cleaned. See Colour Coded Cleaning chart located in the H&S COSHH file on each site.
RED……………..Bathrooms, toilets, washrooms, showers areas
BLUE……………General offices, meeting rooms, reception areas
GREEN…………Kitchen, food prep/ service areas
- To make the most of micro fibre cleaning cloths, use only one section of the cloth at a time. So, fold the cloth into half, then in half again. This will give you eight surfaces for cleaning—four on each side.
- For dusting, leave the cloth dry. For other chores, dampen the cloth, and then wipe surfaces clean.
- When the cloth starts to leave behind dirt or lint, or if you’ve used it a few minutes, re-fold to a fresh section. Continue until the entire cloth has been used or the cleaning chore is complete.
- To be used on all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as desks, countertops, handrails, switches and door handles, etc. that have a high-risk transmission point.
- Dirty cloths are to be bagged and washed according to the manufacturers instructions. No softener or tumble dryer sheets are to used.
On Each Visit
- Are to be used on all frequently touched surfaces, such as desks, counters, door handles, light switches, kitchen appliances, disposable antibacterial wipes, and a hard surface disinfectant solution designed for eliminating bacteria. Dispose of used wipes as directed by the client or building management.
- Check that disposable antibacterial surface disinfectant wipes are available for the clients’ employees to use during the day on commonly touched surfaces for example, doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, and desks.
- Replenish as required any freestanding hand sanitizer gels that have been placed in strategic areas such as reception, break out areas, kitchens etc.
Antibacterial liquid soap
- Hand soap in toilets and kitchens to be replenished with antibacterial products only, unless specifically instructed by the client.
- Where in use, record date & time accurately of each washroom clean.
- Report any defective hand dryers or other dispensers.
Ultraviolet Disinfectant Cleaner
- Washrooms. This is to be used to clean and disinfect toilets and urinals, sinks, showers, baths, floors, & other washroom surfaces.
- Floors. Mopping stairs, corridors, etc.
- General. Cleaning and disinfecting tables, door handles, handrails, etc.
- Dilutions to be followed as per the MDS.
Please see the below links : –